The Friedrich Ebert Stiftung’s empowering program, the Youth Leadership Training Program (YLTP) is now open for the eighth batch of young and motivated Ethiopian nationals.
Ethiopia seeks to assure long-term national development goals. In a faster changing world, the preparation of the next generation then becomes imperative. The FES offers its services to young Ethiopians who aspire to develop their leadership skills for the benefit of the public.
The Youth Leadership Training Program is commissioned and actively organized by the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Ethiopia. It aims to contribute to the empowerment of inspired young leaders who promote good governance and sustainable development. Young Leaders can be found in positions with decision-making responsibility, in governmental or non-governmental, formal or informal institutions.
A call for application is being announced on national TV, Radio stations and newspapers for interested youth to send out their CV, motivational letter and other necessary documents indicated on the advertisements. The application form is available here ( PDF | DOC ).
If you are a young, motivated, ambitious man or woman aspiring to contribute to the development of your country, by taking the skills the YLTP has to offer, take a chance and be part of the vibrant YLTP alumni!
Training schedule dates (Thursday evening until Sunday early afternoon)
- Module 1: June 29th – July 2nd
- Module 2: August 3rd – August 6th
- Module 3: September 7th – September 10th
- Module 4: September 28th – October 1st
- Module 5: November 2nd – November 5th
- Module 6: November 30th – December 3rd
- Applications must be submitted until May 26th, 2017 to FES Addis Abeba.
- Only complete applications can be considered. Complete applications consist of:
- A filled and signed application form.
- Your CV.
- A copy of your ID card (or another document that states your date of birth).
- A recommendation letter by your organization/institution.
- Other copies of references or relevant documents.
- If you send your application by mail, please merge all documents into one pdf-attachment.
- You’ll get notice by eMail on the status of your application.